[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: how to make an interesting show

Subject:  Re: how to make an interesting show
  Date:   Mon, 19 May 1997 08:48:10 +0000 (GMT)
  From:   Stan Harle <lazer-at-earth.wazoo-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> Anyone got some ideas what i can do to make a good show of it??
> I'm running my coil at 1kVA at the moment and gets 4+ foot sparks.
> All contributions are greatly accepted.

        Hi Matt,

        I have suspended a wire above mine, and grounded the wire.  It
wakes a little toying with the arrangement, but with the coil about a
1/4
turn out of tune, it is possible to get this sheet of blue air that
really amazes onlookers.  Another neat demo is with a small florescent
tube.  This seems to amuse everyone, the tube lights without any wires
it.  This also allows the students something to hold onto and pass
around.
        Another demo that I have done is to place a sheet of paper on
the
coil, blast a few sparks through it, then pass it around, unharmed.
Also,
demonstrating that the spark isn't even slowed by a phone books is an
interesting demo.  Just for my own amusement, I have also blown sparks
through my old calculus text.

        Stan Harle
        Alamogordo, NM, USA