[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotating sparks

Subject:  Rotating sparks
  Date:   Tue, 20 May 1997 20:06:50 -0700 (PDT)
  From:   gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

I built a tiny TC using a 6K 23 ma ignition transformer.  The secondary
is
2" dia x 6" long.  The toroid in a door knob.  The discharge sparks are
2"
long and very straight with few branches.  The interesting thing is all
the
sparks rotate around the door knob counter clockwise.  The sparks come
off
the side of the door knob like any other TC but all the sparks rotate.
None
of my other TC's have rotating sparks.  This reminds me of flushing a
toilet
and the water rotates counter clockwise and when you drain the water out
of
a sink it rotates counter clockwise also. The sparks rotate about the
same
speed as the water. I can see how the rotation of the earth can make
water
rotate but not sparks.  This is very interesting.

Gary Weaver