[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toroid

Subject:  Toroid
  Date:   Tue, 20 May 1997 18:59:50 -0500
  From:   Mark Brumbaugh <mvb02-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I am pretty new a Tesla Coiling, but I have a couple of observations I'd
like to throw out.  From the many articles I have read, it seems that
for most people, the dominate "top" is a toroid.  But in the
construction of the top, most instructions say fill the center with a
conductive plat.  Doesn't this render the toroid shape just a flat plate
with fat edges (or something like that)?  I was under the impression,
that the "hole" in the middle was criticle to the function of a toroid
(as a toroid). Also, I've read about individuals placing toroids on top
of each other. This would seem to approach more of a barrel type shape
then a toroid.  In any case both of these ideas, seem to negate the
toroid shape itself as being particulaly critical.

Just a thought.