[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Just One Pop (Faraday Screen)

Subject:  Re: Just One Pop (Faraday Screen)
  Date:   Wed, 21 May 1997 23:41:02 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 08:31 PM 5/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:  Re: Just One Pop (Faraday Screen)
>  Date:   Wed, 21 May 1997 15:22:07 -0600
>  From:   "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>    To:   "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

>To: Rich Hull
>
>The electrostatic lines may be wrapping in a circular fashion thru space
>effect your meter pickup ball.  Try either enclosing the wand or the
>pickup
>ball in a complete (6 sided or equiv.) Faraday cage as opposed to a
>simple
>screen.  I will bet the effects will disappear but it would be an
>interesting experiment to try as opposed to a screen.
>
>DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net
The plate, in my case was 24" square and the probe was placed about 1
foot
from it while the plate was 10 feet from a 25 watt coil.  E.S field
lines
don't poke out that far to still register over 100 volts.  A totally
enclosed conductive Faraday cage always shunts out any classic E field.
The
idea of the grounded shield was to avoid a straight line ion wave path.

Richard Hull, TCBOR