[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Twins

Subject:       Twins
       Date:   Sun, 25 May 1997 21:29:33 -0700
       From:   Skip Greiner <sgreiner-at-wwnet-dot-com>
         To:   tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi All

Several members on this list have successfully built twin TCs.

Question: What would happen if one tried to use another secondary
identical to the first and tuned exactly as the first except connected
as follows? Suppose that instead of connecting the bottom of the driven
secondary to ground, the bottom of the driven secondary is connected
directly to the bottom of the second, undriven, secondary. Essentially
one ends up with a full 1/2 wave secondary which is split in two pieces,
but with the advantage that no ground counterpoise is required. The two
1/4 wave secondaries would be placed an appropriate distance apart to
allow discharges between the top toroids.

Now that I am back I will be trying this, hopefully this week.

Comments and flames would be appreciated.

Skip