[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ?? tesla for sale??

Subject:  Re: ?? tesla for sale??
  Date:   Mon, 26 May 1997 06:39:37 -0700 (PDT)
  From:   gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>William Noble you wrote:
>
>> I am not in the market, just curious.  Nor do I have any intention of
selling
>> such things
>>
>> but, since you noted that you do, I am curious.  If you like, copy your
answer
>> to the list
>>
>>  I at least have always found your response helpful, and I (even as one who
>> hasn't made a fantastic coil) can understand the anoyance at someone who
asks
>> lots of questions that could easily be answered from the refs on the web.
>
>William, All,
>
>Thanx. I've always tried to be helpful, and not too secretive about
>stuff in
>general, but there are the odd projects (my projects are ALWAYS odd)
>which I
>have the lid on because they represent proprietary notions of some
>market share
>(like maybe I'll actually sell one!).   Gary
>Weaver's post was asking me for what amounted to a complete set of
>instruction plans to duplicate a high performance coil that I spent a
>lot of effort designing.  I don't mind sharing a few good tips now
>and then, but dammit, aren't Tesla coilers supposed to figure out
>some things by themselves?  If I'm gonna spend major time to prepare a
>technical manual decribing exactly how to build a high-performance
>coil which is represented by a costly successful personal prototype,
>then
>asking $20 for it doesn't seem out of line to me.  It would seem that
>such a
>notion was taken as politically incorrect by one list member in
>particular.

I was not trying to steel your design or evey copy it.  I am building my
own
Tesla Coil and am trying to gather all the information I can to help me
in
the design process.  I already have specs of several very successful
large
coils and could copy them if I wanted to.  To copy someone elses Tesla
Coil
is not my idea of building my own.  No one every learns anything by
copying.
I have already built several sucessful coils including a 6" that
produces 8'
sparks from 5KW.  So I don't think I will have any trouble building a
coil
that produces 20' sparks either.  Thomas Edison once said an invention
is
99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.  I invent things and build things
all
the time and know for a fact that Thomas Edison is 100% correct.  I was
only
asking about your coil so I could do some calculation on it and compair
it
to other sucessful coils to see if they have anything in common.  The
information I have just provided you with could be very useful to anyone
wanting to profit from Tesla Coils if they are wise enough to no how to
use
it.  Thomas Edison also said, never invent something that the public
doesn't
want or need.  Tesla Coils have a very limited market.  I am not
interested
in getting rich from Tesla Coil, I am only interested in having FUN. At
my
age live is more than half over and I intend to enjoy every last minute
having fun, fun, fun, fun, fun.  I don't need or want money.  Good luck.