[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Solid state and vacuum tube TC.

Subject:  Solid state and vacuum tube TC.
  Date:   Mon, 26 May 1997 15:51:49 -0700
  From:   Max <sistemi-at-mail.matav.hu>
    To:    tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hello everybody,

my name is Max and I am new to this list. I built
several small and funny high-voltage devices based on TV
flyback transformers or car ignition coils. I refrain to call
them Tesla coils, as now I know, mainly from our list, what a
real TC is!
I rely more on my electronic knowledge than on my
mechanical skills, so I am thinking to build a solid state or a
vacuum tube TC.
I need some advice about how to do it. I have found a pretty
big deal of info on traditional TCs which, no doubt, can show
the best performances. But I have not found many info, plans,
drawings or opinions on SSTCs or VTTCs. There is a thread going
on about VT types. Very interesting but, it's a step beyond the
basic info that a beginner really needs.
What are the most popular schemes? Are there any special or
different building hints respect to traditional TCs?
Could anyone advice me about these topics? Any book, article or
web page dealing with SSTCs and VTTCs?
Any comment appreciated.

Thank everybody in advance,

Max Di Tommaso