[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help!!!!

Subject: Re: Help!!!!
  Date:  Thu, 29 May 1997 19:45:55 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Tue, 27 May 1997 07:29:32 -0700 Richard
<mackey-at-paclink-dot-com> wrote;

> Im a 12 year old boy that has read a load of books on Tesla, I want to
> build a coil and I cant find out what magnet wire is. I would love any help.
> And are there any coilers in the Vancouver Washington area?

  Hi Richard! I have a daughter one year younger than you, she's
working on her third Tesla coil. I've tried to get her on the list
but she's the shy silent type so it's going to take some time.
  Magnet wire is the name given to relatively pure copper wire that
is insulated with enamel. It used to be available in cotton coated
(CC), double cotton coated (DCC), silk coated (SC)and double silk
coated (DSC). Almost any wire you can get now a days that isn't
plastic coated is magnet wire. The reason magnet wire is specified is
because you don't wan't to use impure wire like telephone wire
because it is soo brittle it will break while you try to wind a coil
with it.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/