[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

wireless power

Subject:   wireless power
  Date:    Thu, 29 May 97 19:15:05 EDT
  From:    pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com

>About 10 years ago there was an artical in Popular Science about a guy
>getting power from power lines that crossed his property.  He was using
>some type of large coil system to pick up the radiated power from the
>power lines.  The power company took the guy to court and tied to make
>him pay for the power of stop him from do it.  The judge ruled in the
>guys favor
        The Judge was Wrong.

>because the power companies own engineer testified that all power lines
>loose power.
        And they lose MORE when a rig like that is set up.  Its been
done
        before.  First time i've heard of the ruling going that way.

>So the judge said its like recycling something that was lost.
        The judge is wrong.

>The guy is not stealing power
        He is.

>he is recovering power that the power company lost.
        He is increasing their losses and everyother customer's bills.

>Sence he has no direct wire connection to the power lines he is not
>stealing power.
        He is.

>And the power company can not prove he is drawing power from there wires
>with his system or prove how much power he is getting he is not stealing
>power.
        They could if they tried hard enough.
        (I suspect the power co appealed 7 THAT did not make the news.)

        Such methods are nought to do with Tesla, per se, being 60 Hz
        air coire transformers, pure and simple.

        regards
        dwp