[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Problems with Electrical Authorities

Subject:  Re: Problems with Electrical Authorities
  Date:   Fri, 30 May 1997 15:34:46 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<< Hi All,

 Um a question mainly for those not in Australia regarding Electrical
 Laws
 etc.

 In Australia, we're not supposed to have anything to do with
 High-Voltage, (let alone Tesla Coils) unless you have some form of
 qualification. (Reference http://www.austlii.edu.au/, search for
 "Electricity Commision Law" )

 Anyway, what I'd like to know is, what sort of laws happen over in the
 US?
 Do you have to be qualified to build, design, use or even sell TC's to
 your friends?

 Is the average citizen allowed to operate a TC (without the electrical
 mob knocking on your door and charging you a $500 fine) in your own
 home,
 even without faraday cage protection?

 Well, I think I could answer that myself as you guys do it anyway, but
 sadly to say, I've had soooo many problems with the Australian
 Electrical
 Authorities in the past and almost got a servere fine...

 Bugger the government! It's electrons, it's a natural phenomenonm it's
 Science, so then I'll use it and do with it what I like!

 They'll have to take me out if they want me to stop, then again, the
 Australian Government probably wouldn't think that to be a problem...

 Oh well, I'd thought I'd bring up a different topic and may mean a few
 things depending where you are in the world...

 Thanks!

 Catchya!
 Rod

 'Coil away boys!' :-)

Rod,

Boy, and I thought we had stupid laws.  As far as I know, the only
regulations we have to deal with here are with the Federal
Communications
Commission which are related to broadcast of anything on the airwaves.
There
probably is some regulation dealing with how much RF noise you can put
back
into the power grid but I have not heard of it.  Fortunatley, we can do
anything we want with the power once it is brought in to your house.  We
can
buy any high voltage transformers we can find.

Keep up the good fight.

Ed Sonderman