[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sync-TC, latest results

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, October 31, 1997 3:53 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Sync-TC, latest results

<< snip>  Another
> interesting thing that happened was the shape of the envelope changed
> into something a bit less than linear. I attribute that to the
> increased primary Q and the simultaneous decrease in secondary Q.
> I must keep my notes handy for times like this.

> Sorry 'bout that,
>Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

No problem, I don't usually have my notes handy either.  Thanks for
the info.  I have another question/idea;  is this the TC that had the gap
that ran intermittently and that used the blast of air that caused the
gap-arc to bend?  If so, maybe the gap firing voltage was higher than
8kV at times, because the air blast may have delayed the firing,
allowing the cap to charge a little longer resulting in a larger bang?
Did you measure the firing voltage during operation, or are you
basing it on a pre-setting without air blast?

Regards,
John Freau