[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plans in 1969 Magazine

From: 	ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu[SMTP:ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu]
Sent: 	Wednesday, November 05, 1997 5:16 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Plans in 1969 Magazine

>At 04:42 PM 11/5/97 -0600, you wrote:

This was also my first coil. It was wound with about #30 wire from a large
solenoid. I used glass plate caps and an orange drop-cord for the primary.
I could get about 18" out of it with a 30-turn helical primary. The next
coil was a 12" diameter, 48" bi-polar coil as drawn out in Ford's
"Tesla-coil Secrets". That one was powered by a 12kV 30mA neon xformer, and
used an 8-point rotary gap. I got about 18" from each terminal. I know now
that I had too much primary. 24-turns helical, 24" dia.

#22 wire, and a nice toroid on top. ;) But as it was many coiler's first
coil, it kinda deserves a place in history, I think. :)