[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dump the RSG! [Tube Coil]

From: 	randy-at-gte-dot-net[SMTP:randy-at-gte-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, November 06, 1997 1:50 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Dump the RSG!  [Tube Coil]

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]
description?

Ohhh, I suppose most on the list have been bitten by a "shock" either
ac, dc, or both, as have I, but if you havent been the victim of an
R.F. burn, don't worry about it...it just burns a hole thru your flesh
and self-cauterizes. That is what a cauterizing devince does, in fact.
I was, of course, kidding, especially at these power levels. At the
levels (low) that I have been hit, either if just feels like the metal
you are touching is physically hot, or it burns a neat little pinhole
in the flesh, but no blood due to the cauterization. Especially fun if
your mic has a plastic PTT button, and you push it to xmit, and get those
nice, moist lips near the metal microphone face. A quarter wavelength
piece of wire (counterpoise) drizzled wherever you can fit it in, and
attached to the transmitter may cure this.
Randy