[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Jennings vacuum interupter

From: 	gweaver[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, November 06, 1997 11:29 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Dump the RSG!

The Jennings vacuum interrupter sounds interesting to me.

I don't know what a Jennings vacuum interrupter is or what it looks like.

Do you have a picture of Jennings vacuum interrupter that you could scan and
post?

The local power here throws out all kings of interesting stuff at the scrap
yard.  I usually look it over to see if I can figure out something useful to
do with it. Last week the power company dumped 2 dump truck loads of
insulator of very size and shape you can think of.  The scrap yard smashed
them all by dropping the electro magnet on them, then picked up all the
metal pieces.  2 weeks before that they threw out a 200KW sub station HV
transformer, it was an old antique with 24" long insulators but it still
worked according to the guy that dumped it.  There are other things like
switch gear, disconnects, HV fuses and other misc things from the power
company.  I might be able to find some Jennings vacuum interrupters at the
scrap yard if I knew what they look like.

Gary Weaver