[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Running a compressor continuously

From: 	DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, November 07, 1997 12:46 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Running a compressor continuously

Hi Aric,
   I'm considering the pump to be a sealed refer. unit ---
In refer. applications the return line serves to cool
the unit --- in vacuum apps. there is no recirculating
fluid to pump out the heat--- plus the fact that the unit
is operating in a bit of an isothermal environment
due to the vacuum -- allowing only radiation as the
heat transfer mechanism--- (plus oil vapor as a thermal conductor)
     I am not familliar with the vacuum oil you describe
----- aat these temperatures and pressures there may be
backstreaming of the oil --- which is to say oil vapor
getting into the lo pressure area --- if so it will contaminate
your cap.---
     Also---- the comp. is designed to pump / recirculate
the oil ---- unchecked it will pump the oil out of the
compressor --- monitor the exhaust for oil ---
      A cold trap (dry ice and acetone) between the cap
and compressor handle any back streaming problems .
      A blower on the compressor will help to limit
the temp. rise .

regards ,
              Sandy

<< Subj:	 Running a compressor continuously