[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dump the RSG!

From: 	Edward V. Phillips[SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: 	Friday, November 07, 1997 12:21 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Dump the RSG!

"As for pulsed tube operation, I have an idea or two about that.  Ever
heard of a super-regenerative oscillator?  Next time!"
	Try a blocking oscillator and you hav it.  Takes a relatively
large grid capacitor and resistor, plus very high voltage if you
want a lot of power.  Early VHF radar sets such as the SCR-268 and
many others used this technique with great success, and I sure would
like to see someone try it for a TC!  Takes a tube with really good
emission, which means lots of filament current for the typical
thoriated-tungsten filament.
Ed