[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Superconducting magnifier

From: 	Ted[SMTP:tedric-at-generation-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 09, 1997 5:56 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Superconducting magnifier

Sandy,

Although I said zero impedance, in fact, superconductor does have DC
resistance. People say it has no resistance because it is negligible (10^-25
ohm/cm or m?). Also, as r approches 0, take the derivative of the equation
to get the answer.

Also, I cannot agree on what you said about helium, are you saying that
Tesla is wrong? I believe by checking
http://www.eskimo-dot-com/~billb/tesla/heli1(one, not L).txt, you will have a
different idea about the subject. The only thing that I am concerned is:
"Will the gas inside the copper tube be ionized?" I don't think so, but
according to Richard Hull's book (The Tesla Coil Builder's Guide to The
Colorado Springs Notes of Nikola Tesla) in page A-33, current will flow
inside the surface rim of the pipe as well as on the surface. Well, if it
true, then the gas will be ionized even inside a metal structure. Am I wrong?

Ted