[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Medhurst problem

From:	Mad Coiler [SMTP:tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:	Thursday, November 13, 1997 12:47 PM
To:	TESLA-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:	Medhurst problem

Tesla List readers,

 I was thinking about the Medhurst formula and I problem came to mind.
All the formulas I have seen deal with only the width and length of a
coil. What if a coil was space wound or used insulated wire for its
secondary windings? This should have a lower capacitance, but the
formula would give the same value. And also, what of the diameter of the
wire? Does it not have any effect? My first thought would be that a
smaller guage wire with more turns would have a higher capacitance
value. Well, I havent given it a second thought yet. Could someone set
the records strait here?

Tristan Stewart