[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "BEVERAGE" BOTTLE CAPS

From:	Wysock, William C. [SMTP:Wysock-at-courier8.aero-dot-org]
Sent:	Thursday, November 13, 1997 1:48 PM
To:	Tesla List
Subject:	"BEVERAGE" BOTTLE CAPS

Hello to all.

Like most of you, I've been reading all this mail re: glass bottle
capacitors.  I've yet to see anyone try the =plastic= soda-pop
bottles.  Many of these are actually made of the best dielectric
material for Tesla coil use (polypropylene.)  Even though the
thickness of these bottles only measures ~ .030 inches or so,
I believe they might be worth trying out.  This material should
easily stand the dielectric stresses involved and it also
has a very low dielectric loss tangent.  As for a liquid conductor,
how about a dilute solution of copper sulfate?  It might make a
better conductor then salt water.

Bill Wysock
Tesla Technology Research