[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety Gap

From:	Vivian [SMTP:V.C.Watts-at-btinternet-dot-com]
Sent:	Thursday, November 13, 1997 1:05 PM
To:	Tesla List
Subject:	Safety Gap

Hi All,
        Having read various comments in the list I feel I should have a
safety gap to protect my neon especially as I want to open up my spark gap.
I currently have two 3mH inductors one in each leg of the neon transformers
secondary.  The connections goes transformer, inductor, capacitor, primary
coil, inductor, transformer.  The spark gap is across the two inductors
which closes the capacitor - coil circuit.  Their is clearly no point
putting another gap across the spark gap so the logical place would be
directly across the neon.  However I cannot see how this helps, as any
energy to get into the neon has to come through the inductors which already
have the gap between them, limiting the potential.

Can anyone explain.

Viv Watts UK.