[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety Gap (Lightning Arrestors)

From: 	Richard Wayne Wall[SMTP:rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, November 15, 1997 11:56 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Safety Gap    (Lightning Arrestors)

11/15/97

I recently came across some high voltage lightning arrestors for $5
each.  They are the type that have a ceramic housing and 90 gazillion
small nonfixed p-n junctions inside.  They conduct great amounts of
joules at 10 kv.  I'm currently running 3 12 kv 60 ma neons in parallel
on a conventional coil.  I'm thinking about replacing the two safety
sg's with two of them.  I have no idea what their turn on time is, but
a lightning strike must be pretty fast.

Anyone have experience with lightning arrestors or any thoughts whether
they could be used to replace the safty sg's?

RWW