[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE - Newcomer (was spheres)

From: 	Robert Michaels[SMTP:robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 16, 1997 6:04 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	RE - Newcomer (was spheres)

To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE - Newcomer (was spheres)

TL>From:  Mark Bean[SMTP:cyber-x-at-eni-dot-net]
TL>Subject:  Re: aluminum spheres

TL>Hi All,

TL>I'm new here. I really like what I have read so far today. This is a

        Welcome!  We like fresh, new, blood -- down here in the crypt
        (hee-hee-hee-hee)

TL>much better group of Coilers than the "other" list I belong to. I was

        We know.

TL>getting tired of the nonsense and non Tesla related babble. It's good to
TL>be here.

        Glad to have you  (Tee-hee-hee).  We absolutely never, ever,
        have any nonsense here.  It's all very, very, serious stuff.
        I always wear a dark suit and a tie whenever I post to This
        List - just to set the proper tone.

TL>My name is Mark Bean. I live in Las Vegas, NV. I have been studying
TL>Tesla's life and technology for about 3 years, (every day).

        Ah ha!  A raw beginner.

        My name is Robert Michaels.  I live in Detroit, MI.  I have
        been studying Tesla's life and technology for about  [military
        secret]  years now (almost every day).

        And I  =still=  consider myself a beginner.

TL>I am getting my first Tesla Coil on the 29th of this month from the God
TL>of thunder himself, Mr. Bill Wysock. I'm so very lucky. Has anyone seen

        Wysock is a subscriber to This List.  His work is well known
        and highly regarded by most of us.

TL>I have found a Science Surplus company that custom makes quality
TL>Toroids. They also have tons of great science kits and plans. I

 [ ... ]

TL>Here's the info:
TL>Science First
TL>95 Botsford Place
TL>Buffalo, New York 14216
TL>1 800 875-3214

        Most on this list don't want to buy torouses.  They'd rather
        spend $1200 on tooling to make their own.  They are also into
        making their own polyethylene sheeting.  And they prefer
        $20/gallon solvents when gasoline would do.  They also go for
        $50/lb. liquid dielectrics rather than use $5-gal. capacitor
        oil.
                (All "in-jokes" which you'll understand better
                if you hang around for awhile)

        But, hey -- you knew it had to be a weird group

TL>Does anyone have any neat experiments that I can try when I get my Coil?

        Do you mean experiments -or- tests/demonstrations.  There is
        quite a difference!

        If you do mean experiments, quite a few of The List's subscri-
        bers have done and are doing excellent experimental work with
        Tesla coils and have succeeded in pushing the envelope to a
        degree which would have made Dr. Tesla proud.

                Whether this constitutes "neat" you'll have to
                judge for yourself.

                If you consult the archives of This List you'll
                be able to read their previous posts

        If on the other hand you do in fact mean tests/demonstrations
        there was a fellow who came up with some really neat
        one, let's see -- what was his name -- gee, I can't seem
        to recall -- oh -- I know -- Dr. Nikola Tesla!  Yeh.
        That's it.  Tesla.

        In fact he published the details of these in electrical
        engineering journals of the day (as I'm sure you're aware
        from your 3-year study).  You would be hard pressed to come
        up with any better.

                Several subscribers publish reprints of Dr. Tesla's
                lecture-demonstrations, in case you haven't already
                encountered them in your study.

                                                Being very serious,
                                                in -- Detroit, USA

                                                Robert Michaels

        P.S.:

            Please don't title your postings "Aluminum Spheres"
            if you are not posting on the subject of aluminum
            spheres.

        P.P.S.:  Please don't precede the title of your postings
                 with "Re:"  (as in "Re: Aluminum Spheres")  unless
                 you are responding to a prior post on the subject
                 of aluminum spheres.  The "Re:" always signifies
                 a comment, answer, or follow-up to someone else's
                 post.

        We all thank you.

                  (I made the same mistake [at least twice]
                   on my first post -- just at about the same
                   time dinosaurs became extinct)