[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: T-coil discharge - plasma sphere (fwd)

Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 15:08:46 -0700
From: Bill Noble <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: T-coil discharge - plasma sphere

the effects you describe are the same as I get with a commercial plasma
sphere I have - it's made by one of the artists that started making these
about 10 years ago, and it has a couple of controls that affect the
frequency and duty cycle (I presume) of the excitation voltage.  By
adjusting these controls I can get all sorts of patterns, including those
described below.  I'll bet there is some relationship, and it's much easier
to investigate with a low power plasma sphere.

Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil[SMTP:Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.m
il]