[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wiring secondary...

From: 	Adam[SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, November 17, 1997 10:44 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: wiring secondary...

>First of all I'd like to say thanks for all the resoponce on the "12 volt
>squar wave" thing..I understand it now, but I have another question. Is
>there any way to fix a "mistake" when you accidentaly break your wire
>while winding the secondary? I think someone mentioned soldering it...any
>help is appreciated.

I would recommend sanding the enamel off about 1/8 of an inch on each
end, aligning the wire ends, and taping them to something flat while you
solder them (so they join perfectly aligned).  Then sand or shave off the
excess solder so that there will be no bulge in the winding, and
re-enamel by dipping the junction in polyurethane.

-Adam

Adam Smith
absmith-at-tiac-dot-net
Epoch, Inc. Digital Music Project