[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How to tune my TC

From: 	LINEMAN23K-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:LINEMAN23K-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, November 22, 1997 7:12 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	How to tune my TC

How do I tune my TC *before I turn on the power?  I have a Wavetek signal
generator with 50 ohm output and a Goldstar o'scope.  I don't want to somehow
ruin my test equipment.

Also could someone explain the theroy of resonant rise and how you can have a
standing wave form?  I understand that a standing wave is high voltage/low
current at the top of the coil and low voltage/high current at the bottom of
the coil but why is this?  I have looked in my text books about resonant rise
and all it says is that it occurs but does not give any indication as to why.

Thanks to all who answer,

Rusty Duncan