[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: breakdown of bottles

From: 	Chris Fileccia[SMTP:ChaoticD-at-swbell-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 23, 1997 9:33 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	breakdown of bottles

Sorry if I have already been awnsered. My connecton has been screwed up for
the past week.

Any way I have made my beer bottle caps for my coil. The vaues were
amazing. I only needed seven of them to get the value I desired.

My question is this: I have measuered the glass and if I read the
micrometer right it was .1013". What is the breakdown voltage of glass per
mil. Or is beer botles not pure glass. Anybody who has experienced this
plese help.

One more question. When deciding the voltage my caps can handel, should I
use the power of 2. Like I have a 12kv 30mA neon. Should my caps be able to
take 24kv without going (POP)?