[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re RF Chokes

From: 	Andrew Chin[SMTP:chinny-at-ozemail-dot-com.au]
Sent: 	Monday, November 24, 1997 2:41 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	RF Chokes

Hey all.

In an effort to protect neon trannies from RF, chokes are placed on the
secondary line of the neon.  What I would like to know is what
frequencies are we supposed to be stopping reaching the neon?  RF as far
as I can recall ranges from about 300kHz to 3GHz (course any part of the
spectrum could be called RF.)  A Tesla coil's tank circuit I presume
would produce frequencies and harmonics covering a wide range of the
spectrum.  Also, I am not quite clear on how the RF destroys the neon.
Is it because it is high frequency, or high voltage, or both?