[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sync Motor

From: 	Barton B. Anderson[SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, November 28, 1997 3:17 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Sync Motor

Hi All,
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted all the "How To's" on
converting a standard induction into a sync a while back. My motor "was"
1725rpm. I popped the armature out today, marked the four grind points
at 90 degree spacing, and started filing. What made it nice is one of
the postings said if the armature is 3 3/8" diameter, the flats should
be at 1 1/8". Sure enough, this was my armature size. After a a blister
or two, the flats were there. I checked each flat as I filed with a
large caliper. This helped ensure the flats were parallel with each
other in all directions. It was also big enough to check 3 sides at the
same time.

About 15 minutes ago I popped the armature back in, wired it up, turned
on the switch, and pulled out the digital tach. I was happy to read
1800rpm, steady and sweet.
Very Very Nice!

So again, thanks to everyone who posted the "how to's",

"Spin'in at 1800 in MN",
Bart