[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which oils..Capacitor oils

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, November 29, 1997 5:17 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Cc: 	bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Which oils..Capacitor oils

On Friday, November 28, 1997 10:29 PM Bert Hickman
[SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com] wrote;

> Alfred and all,
>
> I did a bit more checking. Alfred is indeed correct - dry water white
> mineral oil DOES have greater dielectric strength than standard mineral
> transformer oil - as much as 20-25% better! However, BOTH are excellent
> dielectric fluids, capable of withstanding over 150 KV/cm (380
> volts/mil) of dielectric stress even with a small amount of dissolved
> water. Use whichever you can get for the least amount of money.

One might consider the no-name baby mineral oils sold in department stores
and super markets, I've ocasionaly seen them on sale for less than $2.00 a
half gallon and I have been told by a few that have tried it that the
perfume has no effect on it's dielectric qualities. I personaly can't even
try the stuff because I am extreemly allergic to the perfume. Am I glad all
my kids are past the oil and powder stage, that stuff used to give me an
allergy attack several times a day!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/