[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Results of Paper & Poly & Oil

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 19:57:48 +1000
From: Peter Electric <elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Results of Paper & Poly & Oil

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Fr Tom,

My second cap failed at one end. I had allowed a 1" (not nearly enough I
now realise) border all round the plates and it appears to have tracked
around the poly at the end and then blown a hole through. It had 80 mil
thickness poly and I was running it with 15 Kv. The ends are even more
of a problem when you roll the cap as the poly layers tend to slide
along at the ends, further reducing the overlap.

Cheers,

Peter E.