[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Twin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 07:52:56 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Tesla Twin

I had a think about Richard's post last night and realized I might
have misinterpreted the way he and you are wiring the resonators....

> From: BertPool <Bert.Pool-at-flash-dot-net>
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Re: Tesla Twin
>
> > Date:          Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:19:38 -0600 (MDT)
> > To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Subject:       Re: Tesla Twin
> > From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Correct me if I'm wrong but you actually connected the resonator
bases together and then connected that connection to the top of the
driver coil??  That is not the way to do it. My way is *guaranteed* to
work. The correct connection for twin free resonators is to connect
one to one end of the driver tansformer secondary and the other to
the other end. Currents at each end of the driver are in opposite
phase and mirror each other. You can see from this that winding
direction doesn't matter and that any magnetic coupling is
undesirable. In the twins with one resonator driven, the passive
resonator is in fact replacing the 1/4 wave ground image.

Malcolm