[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Synchronous Motors

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 20:00:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Synchronous Motors  (fwd)

"So I second the *thanks Ed, for the tip*, motion.   If I remember
correctly Ed mentioned that some of the Teletype motors were
1/2 HP?"
	Your're welcome.  No, I mentioned that some of the older
ones have 1/2" shafts.  Think they are quite a bit bigger than
the 1/12 HP motors used in the later series machines, but
probably at most 1/4 HP.  I am referring to older machines such
as the 14, 15, etc.  At least, those motors were much bigger
than the current ones.  That, of course, doesn't necessarily
mean they have more power, but I suspect they do as the motor
design art has been pretty solid for many, many years.

Ed