[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sonderman saga - Tuesday

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 18:00:15 +0100
From: Julian Green <julian-at-kbss.bt.co.uk>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Sonderman saga - Tuesday

----- Begin Included Message -----

	Next I put a 3 ohm resistor in place of the welder. The operation of
the coil was then perfectly normal. I saw no resonant rise as I did
with the welder and the rotary fired normally. I didn't like losing
heat in the ballast resistor so I removed it. The coil ran much
better with no current limiting at all. It does not draw excessive
power and the spark gap works fine.
	I would recommend that you remove the inductive ballast from the
circuit. I don't use a pole pig, but my PT runs perfectly with no
current limiting. If your system is properly fused the worst thing
you can do is blow a fuse if you rotary or safety gaps power arc. You
could also try using a few ohms of resistance in place of the welder.
If you system is in tune and everything looks good I don't see
anything else but the welder that could cause your problem.

Joe Zambelli

----- End Included Message -----

I dont use inductive balast either, but I do use a pole pig.
100meters of 1mm2 extension leed equals about 5 ohms of non inductive balast.

For high power/long runns dont forget to unwind the extension leed.

Julian Green