[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Toroid

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 97 07:26:26 UT
From: Larry Robertson <LWRobertson-at-classic.msn-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: Toroid

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Hi Larry,

Ok, I'm sitting down.... I've always wanted to know.
How hideously expensive

	Good to hear from you, Phil

	Jim Ross extracted $429 (including damn tax)
	from my much abused Visa card, but he seems
	like a nice guy - very easy to talk to, and doesn't
	seem overly greedy - I called initially for a 6" x 24"
	which they didn't have, and he gave me the next
	size up for the same price. I asked him what they
	do to put the halves together - he said we take
	them to this old guy Art at a place just down the
	street to get them heli-arcd.

	After taking the halves home and looking at options
	I decided Art probably was the guy I needed.

	Art is a master of heli-arc welding - the examples
	sitting around the waiting room are paragons of
	welding. Thin tubes welded together with no protrusions
	at all. & etc.

	He said torus's  are difficult to weld as they are quite thin
	and since the halves are wound separately they don't
	always register that well

	As we were discussing shop rates, and how busy
	he was, his grey cat hopped up on a desk and gave
	me a baleful glare - looking right into my eyes - and
	unlike most animals not looking away.

	Art said " this is Chester and he does this to
	everyone" so I presented my finger to Chester's
	nose.

	The cat liked me, Art said " we'll do a really good job
	for you"

	`Shop rates seem to be $60 /Hr.

	LR

	So we  may get a good torus soon.