[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Capacitor Sources

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 05:34:17 -0400
From: Alan Sharp <100624.504-at-compuserve-dot-com>
To: "INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Capacitor Sources

Gwyn wrote:
>With regard to the recent exchanges concerning home made capacitors, I
have spent a great deal of time phoning round various high voltage
capacitor manufactures in the UK, but even when they quote for surplus
off the shelf units the cost is very high. <

Gwyn - I have been keeping an eye on the surplus houses here:
Bull, Greenbank, Anchor with little luck - I did manage to get
some 1000pf 28kV world war II admiralty capacitors but these
were a one off. Plenty of polythene sheet and tinfoil though.

Transformers are harder to come by here as well.

As a matter of interest what were the best offers from manufacturers here?

Have fun,

Alan Sharp (UK - Corby, Northamptonshire)