[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sonderman Makes Sparks

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 14:02:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Sonderman Makes Sparks

<< Ed,

 Regarding the popping in the rotary:  Are the electrodes somewhat
 wide such as 1/2" or more?  I wonder if the gaps could  be re-firing
 while they are still aligned after quenching?  This would be more
 likely to occur if your cap is a relatively small value, and if the gap
 is running at a low rpm.  Just a thought.  I forget the specs on your
 system.

 John Freau

John,

The moving electrodes are 1/4" stainless steel acorn nuts.  The fixed
electrodes are 3/16" dia. tungsten.  The clearance is set to about .040" on
each side.  The static gap in series is three .028" gaps.  The cap is .025
mfd.

Ed Sonderman