[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DC drive

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 97 00:15:46 UT
From: Larry Robertson <LWRobertson-at-classic.msn-dot-com>
To: Tesla Builders <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: DC drive

Hi ...

>Unfortunately, the primary will only see 15kV peak, since the
>0.05 caps are _uncharged_ when the gap closes. I didn't see
>any way that they were being precharged.

>-GL

In light of Greg's conjecture, I reduced the circuit to it's
irreducible minimum, and discovered I have reinvented
the push-pull circuit:

                                +

             -------------------------------------
             |                                   |
             |                                   |
             |                                   |
             0                                   0
                                               /
         G1       0-----Lpri-----Cpri--------0       G2
               /
             0                                   0
             |                                   |
             |                                   |
             |                                   |
             -------------------------------------

                                _

I had complicated the picture by choosing a gap with the electrodes
facing each other, and incorporating both switches on the same wheel.

I now see a simpler gap can be built using only two rotating electrodes,
but double ended.

I still think Cpri will remain charged as the gaps comutate, resulting
in Lpri seeing 30kV on each discharge except for the very first one.

Didn't I see a post just a few weeks ago saying there wasn't anything
in coiling that hadn't already been thought of. Case in point.

LR