[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rubber toroids

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 20:16:54 +0500
From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Rubber toroids

On Fri, 06 Oct 1995 16:17:41 +0200 Kenneth Aaron
<kennetha-at-geocities-dot-com> wrote;

> I've just got the idea of using the inner part of tyres as a toroid
> for TC's. The inner tube is just the right shape, rubber is also
> conductive (though high resistance) and is free for the taking.
> You can get sizes from motorcycle 50cc's (very small) right upto
> tractor tyres, which are huge. Just need to hook them up to the coil.
>
> Comments anyone ?

It works! When I was no longer able to find spun sheet iron globes to
use for Van De Graffs and Tesla coil terminals, I started
experimenting with various manufacturing techniques and ended up with
using paper mache and then spraying it with Aqua-Dag spray ( a
conductive graphite based paint used in the T.V. industry to create
ground plains in cabinets ect.) then plating the entire surface using
a foam brush connected to oe terminal of the power supply and the
other terminal being connected to the Aqua-Dag surface periodicaly
soaking up some plating soloution onto the foam brush. Using this
technique I hae so far manufactured a 6 foot sphere for my last Van
De Graff generator and a 48 inch x 12 inch toroid for one of my
Tesla coils. Using this method I hae no doubt in my ability to make a
conductive surface of ANY size or shape I so desire!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/