[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bad Poly

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 05:23:31 +0500
From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Bad Poly

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997 04:45:01 -0700 (PDT) Gary Weaver
<gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net> wrote;

> I bought 2 rolls of 10' x 50' polyethylene .006 mil at the lumber yard last
> year during Christmas vacation to make capacitors with.  I made 4 caps with
> one roll of poly.  A few days ago I opened the 2nd box of poly and found the
> plastic to be filled with trash.  The polyethylene looked like #60 grit sand
> paper in some places.  Tiny pieces of dirt, rock, sand, metal shavings, saw
> dust were extruded into the plastic sheet.  If anyone is planning to buy
> some polyethylene to make capacitors I would suggest you open the box and
> look at the plastic before you buy it.

It's a good idea to examine ANYTHING before you buy it! I am
surprised to hear of polyethylene being sold in the condition you
stated, since it obviously wasn't even able to pass minimal
acceptable standards for its intended use!

> I don't have my sales receipt to return the polyethylene to the lumber yard
> for a refund.  So I went to the same lumber yard and bought a new roll of
> polyethylene.  I took the new box of poly out to the truck and got the old
> box that I wanted to return.  I used the receipt from the new box of poly to
> get a refund on the old box of poly.

Ah the old reciept swap! Sad to say I've had to resort to that
technique far many more times than I care to think of! It's realy
irritating when you have to pull that kind of game with 3 day old
sour milk, otherwise the dairy manager tries to say your refrigerator
is no good. It takes all kinds as they say, and you do what you have
to to keep the score even.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/