[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Thyratron pair (was DC Drive)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 20:48:01 -0700
From: randy-at-gte-dot-net
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Thyratron pair (was DC Drive)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]
<SNIP>
> arc.  The 5C22 can easily switch 16,000 volts at up to 600 amps peak.  I
> have a "spook works" (EG&G) ceramic job that is rated at 24,000 volts and
> 1000 peak amps.  The data sheet says they want it to run ideally at 380
> degrees C in normal operation!!!!!
>
> The short on times (1-5us) are a major bummer and limitation of the device,
> but it really allows a good degree of control.
>
> Richard Hull, TCBOR

Egads!
I have in my posession a H2 thryatron, no part number visible, approx
15-16 inches high, 5 inches OD, says "reservoir voltage 4.4"Mfr=Chatam.
There IS a rattle in the _base_ of the tube; I have no idea how to test
such a thing, but I have had it for nearly 20 years as a decorative item;
if it might be of use to a coiler, email me direct to randy-at-gte-dot-net
I am NOT greedy; trades welcome....provided I can somehow test the
beastie first to make sure I'm not passing off something worthless....
randy