[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rubber toroids

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:42:12 +0500
From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Rubber toroids

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:45:46 -0400 Kevin Christiansen
<kevin+-at-cs.cmu.edu> wrote;

> Hello there!
> Thanks for such an informative post!  I am glad that such things are possible.
> Is Aquadag something you purchase or something you make?

I purchased the Aquadag in spray cans at a local TV parts supply house.

> If you make it, what's the recipe?  Can it be done with conductive lampblack
> (which I just happen to have...)?

I have seen recipies in back issues of Popular Mechanics using lacquer
and lampblack or powdered graphite to enable one to plate non-conductive
surfaces.

> Also, what's the recipe for this plating solution that you are using?

Simply a saturated soloution of copper chloride. On several jobs I also
plated nickel on top of the copper for better durability, using nickel
chloride soloution. Whatever you do avoid using the cyanide based
commercial plating soloutions they are too dangerous to use this way.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/