[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 100 meter sparks

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:27:04 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 100 meter sparks

> Hi All,
>      There is a new book out from the CRC press
> by Raizer et all called the "SPARK DISCHARGE".
> There is a picture of the Russian 100+ meter spark
> in the first chapter.  It is beyond awsome!  The Marx
> generator tower must be 500 feet high!  The book is
> very hard core theoretical - the good stuff - on the
> processes involved in the initial streamer and subsequent
> spark formation only.  It contains a lot of useful constants.

That must be the 7.2 MV marx generator referred to in Fruengel's book.
Must be quite impressive. Was the spark in free space or was it along an
initiating wire? What is the ISBN of the book, or where is it available?

[Moderator's note: There is a separate HV list that covers high voltage
that is non-tesla coil.  Mail to sroys-at-anchorage.ab.umd.edu (If I remember
correctly) for info -- Chip]