[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: sync motor RPM ???

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:56:53 +1000
From: Peter Electric <elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: sync motor RPM ???

I have modified a few of these motors now and none of them could be
checked by just using a flouro light on the shaft. The flouro's just
don't give a sharp pulse of light like strobes do. Get a plywood disk
(at least 4" in Dia) and draw two large black 90 deg quadrants with a
whiteboard marker (opposite each other) spin this up and you should see
staionary dark patches. As you turn it off you should be able to see
them start moving as it goes out of sync.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Peter E.