[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rubber toroids

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, October 23, 1997 4:15 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Rubber toroids

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:11:54 +1000 Phil Chalk
<philoc-at-ozemail-dot-com.au> wrote;

> Alfred,
>
> As a 'schoolboy copperplater', we used to use Copper
> Sulphate (CuSo4) - was cheap & readily available.  Is
> Cu chloride preferable, or much of a muchness ?

I used the copper chloride because I had a lot of it, there
realy dosen't seem to be any difference in plating between
copper sulfate and copper chloride.

> P.S.  Read of technique in 1930's Hobby magazine for
> copperplating wooden bits for modelmaking, e.g. model
> ship building.  They just rub the wooden in graphite,
> wrap a wire round it, & plate it as normal.  Haven't
> tried it, but is just another variation on a theme
> pretty well covered here already.

Simply rubbing graphite on a surface to make it conductive
will work but not as dependably as the conductive paints.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/