[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

magnifier config?

From: 	ghunter-at-mail.enterprise-dot-net[SMTP:ghunter-at-mail.enterprise-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, October 27, 1997 2:00 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	magnifier config?

I'm new to the list.  I'm presently gathering materials to build a
modest coil.  Before I commit to constructing a "conventional" two-coil
TC, I'd like to learn more about the "magnifier" configuration.  All
I've managed to find on the WWW is a schematic.  I'm not clear
on the physical construction details.  For example, where is the
self-resonant third coil located with respect to the secondary?  Is
it stacked above it, placed inside it, or what?  What about the
transmission line?  Is it critical, or can I just run a random length
of wire from the secondary to the resonator? Any other drastic
differences between a TC and a magnifier I should know about?

I've never seen a magnifier or even a picture of one, so I'm in the
dark here.  The magnifier sounds so interesting, I'd hate to dismiss it
without at least a cursory study.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Greg