[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oil-immersed RFCs

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, September 01, 1997 12:05 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Oil-immersed RFCs

To: Felix

The higher frequencies are of course the most damaging to a xmfr winding.
The air core choke reduces this to a low value.  The toroid core inductors
clip a lot of the lower freq "hash" that remains.  It reduces the hash back
into the primary side of the xmfr where it can become a nusance if
reflected back into the power main buss.  We also use a minimum of two
series RF filters and 6 varisters in the primary area to clip and further
reduce any possible power line RF.  Another pair of hash chokes (straight
iron core) are included in the primary mains JIC (just in case).  Many of
our systems operate in a museum environment loaded with computers, touch
screens, video disc players, and a host of other electronics that would be
very susceptible to power line emissions.  We use 167 pF (3 -- 500 pF in
series) from each high voltage terminal to ground.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net