[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A Puzzle

From: 	George W. Ensley[SMTP:erc-at-coastalnet-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 02, 1997 9:36 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: A Puzzle

At 06:45 PM 9/2/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]
Malcolm,

If this coil was a battering ram i would say it wasn't heavy enough.
The inertia is either not there or being absorbed by something. I would
guess a little of both.

You can't drive an iron spike with a rubber mallet because the peak
energy is just not there, but all the energy is delivered just the same.

I know this is pretty off the wall but i can just see the smaller coil
crumpling up like a tin can when it slams into the top load.

George.......