[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: capacitor

From: 	LINEMAN23K-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:LINEMAN23K-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 03, 1997 11:11 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: capacitor

<< Subj:	Re: capacitor
 Date:	97-09-03 03:39:49 EDT
 From:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com (Tesla List)
 Resent-from:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 To:	tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com ('Tesla List')

 From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
 Sent: 	Wednesday, August 27, 1997 11:45 PM
 To: 	Tesla List
 Subject: 	Re: capacitor

Malcolm

Thanks for the info.  This was my first post on the capacitors (I thought it
had gotten lost).  Since then I reposted and Ed Wingate suggested I returned
the caps since they indeed contained Pyranol.  This is exactly what I did.

Thanks again
Rusty Duncan

I may be able to help in a significant way here.....

 I have a fairly full list of PCB containing components issued by the
 NZ Ministry of Health. It is more aimed at common fittings but does
 list trade names for some of the nasties contained in many caps and
 transformers. A couple of examples of safe ones:

 VISCONOL, NITROGOL

 Both of these were found in transmitter smoothing caps which have
 similar ratings to those you describe.

 Some nasties by name:

 DUCONOL (Dubilier), PYRANOL (General Electric), THERMINOL (Hunts)

 The list is not exhaustive. Look for any of the above words on your
 caps. In particular, look for anything ending in "OL". I need full
 details in order to have a reasonable chance of identifying these.

 Malcolm