[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Water rheostat?

From: 	Felix[SMTP:73374.1547-at-compuserve-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, September 05, 1997 7:31 PM
To: 	BlindCopyReceiver:;;;-at-compuserve-dot-com;
Subject: 	Re: Water rheostat?

Would you mind telling me some typical numbers that you found reasonable
for electrode areas, spacing, and water volume? My starting point right
now is simply the tables of alleged resistivity, from which I can cal-
culate what kind of dimensions look theoretically reasonable---along
with theoretical calculations of how slow a startup one could achieve
without boiling. But along with the theory I'd like to benefit from
someone else's practical experience if I may.
Regarding electrical (as opposed to boiling) hazards, my relevant
credential is that I built our house from scratch including all wiring.
Having advanced to the handling of 12,000 v from neons, maybe one gets
too blase about a mere 110. I sure treat my neons with plenty of
respect.