[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: rolled caps

From: 	Geoffrey Schecht[SMTP:geoffs-at-onr-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, September 06, 1997 10:26 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: rolled caps

Dr. R:

Why does the 90 mil PE have such low breakdown over time, in actuality? I
think I gave Coiler some bogus info....my reference quoted 1200V/mil at 25
deg C but that's from a book. This must be for completely homogenous PE; is
the commercial sheeting _that_ bad....230v/mil? Or, do the RF displacement
currents heat the stuff up badly enough to result in such low ratings?

Geoff